Alice's Palace has it all - relaxation, location, ambience &
Imagine yourself sitting in front of a big gas log fire, in
a gorgeous place, enjoying your favorite wine.
Or having a tipple around the BBQ in a native bush garden,
listening to the surf roll in.
Alice’s Palace is a 2-minute walk to Victoria’s most
family-friendly patrolled ocean surf beach. The Barwon River is a 5-minute wander. Shops,
bars and restaurants are a 10-minute stroll.
Wineries, boutique breweries and loads of other cool things
to do are on the doorstep (see list below).
The light, airy, contemporary design of Alice’s Palace
creates a relaxed atmosphere for a great getaway.
Perfect for work, rest and play all year-round.
Everyone welcome including small groups/friends,
families with kids, business travelers, couples/dates, LGBTQI, special occasion/wedding
guests and small teams living away from home.
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Gas log fire
- Air conditioning & ceiling fans
- NBN Wi-Fi (fast)
- Office space/study nook
- BBQ & outdoor seating
- Car parking
- Well equipped kitchen
- Clothes washing/ironing facilities
- Bathroom essentials
- Child high chair
- Travel cot
- Bedding (pillows and doonas)
- Full length mirror (great for wedding guests)
- Linen and bath towel package can be arranged on request (fees apply).
plan well-equipped kitchen, dining and living area with gas log fire, 55" TV, Bluetooth sound-bar, DVD player, air con, ceiling fans and a bathroom.
3 bedrooms with quality mattresses, a bathroom, balcony and a great office space to work, create or play, with fast Wi-Fi. Has reverse-cycle air con and ceiling fans.
arrangements sleep up to 7 (see images):
- Main bedroom - 1 QS
- 2nd bedroom - 2 long (2+ mt) Single beds OR 1 King Size bed
- 3rd bedroom - 1 QS bed
- Travel cot and a single futon mattress suitable for a child/teen are also available.
NOTE: we no longer supply linens and bath towels
and the guest cleaning charge has reduced accordingly. However, we do supply bedding. A linen and bath towel package is available upon request (2 pillow slips per person, sheets, tea towels, bath towels, bath mats and hand towels). Beach towels can also be arranged, in advance. Fees apply. Please let us know at the time of booking if this is required.
Alice's Palace is
on the beach side of the main road, well-away from traffic, in Ocean Grove's 'golden triangle'. It has a natural bush secluded beach-side
ambiance with shade trees out the back and lawn out
Ocean Grove is on the Bellarine Peninsula, adjacent to the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road.
- less than 1.5 hrs from
- 20 minutes' drive from
- 40 minutes' drive from
- Feel free to book direct and save
- Prices vary considerably between peak/off-peak, so please contact us for a quote
- GST does not apply to Alice's Palace
- A (fully refundable)
security deposit of $600 applies covering damages, theft, excess cleaning incurred (see Restrictions), unpaid services accessed - linens/towels and unreturned keys (we change the locks). Security deposit return is
transacted within 24 hrs of confirmation all is ok by cleaners. Allow a
few days for banks to do their thing.
- A 50% deposit is required to secure a booking, unless a 100% up-front payment is required (if the booking is made within 6 or 10 weeks of the date of arrival - see next 2 dot points, or as otherwise required)
- Bookings must be paid in full 6 weeks prior to arrival, excluding the peak times 20 Dec - end Jan and Easter.
- Bookings made for the peak season: 20 Dec to end Jan and Easter, must be paid in full 10 weeks prior to arrival.
- Non-smoking (including e-cigarettes) from boundary to boundary. Please wander off-property for a smoke.
- No pets
- No parties/schoolies
- Please respect neighbours re noise
- Park in parking spots indicated for home (the lawn is human friendly/a car free zone)
Remove boots before entry.
Shoes off at the door would be great too (bring flip-flops or spare pair of socks)
- Pop your boards/kayaks in lock-up under-deck storage area (please don't bring them inside)
- Keep property in a manner that does not encourage ants/pests, maintaining a general level of cleanliness e.g. take garbage out, wash dishes/use the dishwasher regularly and generally keep surfaces clean
- Do not allow kids to consume food or sugary drinks upstairs/in bedrooms - it's disastrous for a our lovely bed linen
- Take due care to ensure Alice's Palace and contents and/or neighbouring premises are not damaged or subject to theft by yourself or co-guests. In the event of damage or theft in excess of the security deposit, you are liable for additional costs, same as you would be if your booking and damage/theft was at a quality motel or resort.
- Ensure Alice's Palace is secured upon departure - as you would in your own place when departing. And pop key back where it belongs, ensuring it's secured.
- In the event of adverse conditions
damage observed upon arrival, breakages during your stay or issues arising), please contact us promptly.
Minimum stays apply
(2) two night min. stay applies to most times.
(3) three night min. stay applies to most other public holiday/long weekends.
(4) four night min. stay over Easter
(7) seven night min. applies to Christmas & first 3 weeks in Jan.
All bookings made within the booking period that incur cancellation fees (see below) have 24
hours from the time of booking to cancel their booking free of charge. i.e. 24 hr free cancellation window.
Periods except 20 Dec to end Jan and Easter:
cancellation up to 6 weeks prior to booking. In the event of cancellation by
the guest within 6 weeks of check-in, 50% of total booking is not refundable unless
the house is re-let for the entire period.
20 Dec to end Jan and Easter:
Free cancellation up to 10 weeks prior to booking. In the event of cancellation by the guest within 10 weeks of date of arrival, 100% of the total booking is not refundable unless Alice's Palace is re-let for the entire period.
All efforts will be made to enable Alice's Palace to be re-let for cancelled period.
Any alterations must be agreed to in writing.
Victoria's best kept secret
Ocean Grove main surf beach (a 2-minute walk from Alice's Palace) is widely regarded as the most family friendly surf beach in Victoria.
- It's an ocean beach (not a bay beach), so you
get real surf pretty consistently
- The waves aren’t ‘bone-crushing’ like most
other Victorian ocean beaches
- Great for learners to learn how to surf and learn surf etiquette in a relaxed environment
- It’s patrolled by surf life savers throughout
summer/to end Easter/extended according to public needs.
- It rarely has seaweed (and when it does, it’s
- There are no rocks. They’re about 700mt down
the beach at low tide, heading towards the lighthouse
- It has a lawn and an elevated promenade for a
great view of the beach and surfing. It’s handy if you’re injured or elderly and can’t walk
on sand. Or you just prefer to lay your towel and self on grass!
- You can buy
great coffee and food at (the redeveloped) Dunes Café. Dunes is now absolutely sensational :-), and you can watch the surfing and surf in comfort 'rain, hail or sunshine'.
- It’s cleaner than bay
beaches because it’s not in a city-engulfed bay. It faces the open sea
& King Island.
- It has a river (Barwon
River) for sheltered ‘flat-water’ fun,
a 5 minute walk via inland short-cut or
a 25 minute wander along the shoreline.
- 1.4 hrs from Melbourne GPO, about 20
minutes from Geelong and 40 minutes from Avalon Airport.
Things to do
Explore awesome wineries & boutique breweries (often with live
music). Great wine tours available from Wilsons Wine Tours www.wilsons.wine
- Great whiskey and gin distilleries open to the public too!
- Perfect surf & river spot for swimming, surfing, boogie
boarding, kayak/canoeing, kite-surfing, skim-boarding, sail-boarding, sand-castle building, beach cricket and volleyball, frisbee playing, fishing...
- Sensational walks/run along the beach and up the Barwon River, over the footbridge to Barwon Heads. Also walks on dunes tracks with great views
Long walk to Point Lonsdale lighthouse along beach in opposite
Explore rock pools on the way
watching May to early Oct
- Fish off the Ocean Grove beach or in the Barwon River. The jetty and boat ramp is upstream.
- Snorkel/dive (all levels) the HMAS Canberra warship scuttled 2009, close-by or snorkel with seals and dolphins
- Swim, canoe, paddleboard or sailboard the sheltered 'flat water' of the Barwon River
- Cycling is undulating (contact us for some great cycling route maps)
- 16 golf courses within 35 minute drive radius. One is 10 minutes' walk. Some golf courses are world class. Many are open to
groves & farmers markets
- Great local cafes & bars
- Fantastic hatted (fine-dining rating) restaurants close-by
- Learn to surf, kayak or paddle-board - all ages
- Great launch point for exploring the Great Ocean Road
- Bay cruises
- Fishing tours all levels and boat charters
- Scenic joy flights from sedate to acrobatic
- Skydiving (pick-up Barwon Airport, drop zone Torquay)
- Horse riding all levels
- The famous Blues train (book ahead) runs nearby.
We've compiled a list of web links for awesome places to go, so feel free to contact us and we'll happily share it with you.