Alice's Palace has it all - relaxation, location, ambience &
Imagine yourself sitting in front of a big gas log fire, in
a gorgeous place, enjoying your favorite wine.
Or having a tipple around the BBQ in a native bush garden,
listening to the surf roll in.
Alice’s Palace is a 2-minute walk to Victoria’s most
family-friendly surf beach. The Barwon River is a 5-minute wander. Shops,
bars and restaurants are a 10-minute stroll.
Wineries, boutique breweries and loads of other cool things
to do are on the doorstep (see list below).
The light, airy, contemporary design of Alice’s Palace
creates a relaxed atmosphere with comforts for a great getaway.
Perfect for work, rest and play all year-round.
Everyone welcome including small groups,
families with kids, business travelers, couples/dates, LGBTQI and special occasion/wedding
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Gas log fire
- Air conditioning & ceiling fans
- NBN Wi-Fi (fast)
- Office space/study nook
- BBQ & outdoor seating
- Car parking
- Well equipped kitchen
- Clothes washing/ironing facilities
- Bathroom essentials
- Child high chair
- Travel cot
- Full length mirror (great for wedding guests)
- Linen and bath towel package can be arranged on request (fees apply).
plan well-equipped kitchen, dining and living area with gas log fire, 55" TV, Bluetooth sound-bar, DVD player, air con, ceiling fans and a bathroom.
3 bedrooms with quality mattresses, a bathroom, balcony and a great office space to work, create or play, with fast Wi-Fi. Has air con and ceiling fans.
arrangements sleep up to 7 (see images):
- Main bedroom - 1 QS
- 2nd bedroom - 2 long SB
('twin beds') OR 1 King Size bed
- 3rd bedroom - 1 QS bed
- Travel cot and a single futon mattress suitable for a child/teen are also available.
NOTE: we no longer supply linens and bath towels. However, we do supply bedding. A linen and bath towel package is available upon request (2 pillow slips per person, sheets, tea towels, bath towels, bath mats and hand towels). Fees apply. Please let us know at the time of booking if this is required.
Alice's Palace is
on the beach side of the main road, well-away from traffic, in Ocean Grove's 'golden triangle'. It has a natural bush secluded beach-side
ambiance with shade trees out the back and lawn out
Ocean Grove is on the Bellarine Peninsula, adjacent to the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road.
- less than 1.5 hrs from
- 20 minutes' drive from
- 40 minutes' drive from
- Feel free to book direct and save
- GST does not apply to Alice's Palace
- A (fully refundable)
security deposit of $600 applies, as per normal practice. Returns are
transacted within 24 hrs of confirmation all is ok by cleaners. (Allow a
few days for banks to do their thing).
Bookings must be paid in full by 6 weeks prior to booking (50% to secure the booking and 50% at 6 weeks prior to booking), unless 100% up-front payment applies.
- Non-smoking (including e-cigarettes) including inside, balcony, decks and garden. Please wander off-property for a smoke.
- No pets
- No parties/schoolies
- Please respect neighbours re noise
- Park in parking spots indicated for home
- Shoes off at the door would be great (bring flip-flops or spare pair of socks with you)
- Pop boards/kayaks in lock-up under-deck storage area.
Minimum stays apply
(1) single night stay Mon-Thu, May to Aug inclusive
(2) two night min. stay applies to most other times.
(3) three night min. stay applies to most other public holiday/long weekends.
(4) four night min. stay over Easter
(7) seven night min. applies to Christmas & first 3 weeks in Jan.
Periods other than 20 Dec to end Jan and Easter:
cancellation up to 6 weeks prior to booking. In the event of cancellation by
the guest within 6 weeks of check-in, 50% of total booking is not refundable unless
the house is re-let for the entire period.
20 Dec to end Jan and Easter (2019):
Free cancellation up to 6 weeks prior to booking. In the event of cancellation by the guest within 6 weeks of date of arrival, 100% of the total booking is not refundable unless Alice's Palace is re-let for the entire period.
All efforts will be made to enable Alice's Palace to be re-let for cancelled period.
Any alterations must be agreed to in writing.
Victoria's best kept secret
Ocean Grove main surf beach is widely regarded as the most family friendly surf beach in Victoria.
- It's an ocean beach (not a bay beach), so you
get real surf pretty consistently
- The waves aren’t ‘bone-crushing’ like most
other Victorian ocean beaches
- Great for learners to learn how to surf and surf etiquette in a relaxed environment
- It’s patrolled by surf life savers throughout
summer/to end Easter/extended according to public needs.
- It rarely has seaweed (and when it does, it’s
- There are no rocks. They’re about 700mt down
the beach at low tide, heading towards the lighthouse
- It has a lawn and an elevated promenade for a
great view of the beach and surfing. It’s handy if you’re injured or elderly and can’t walk
- You can buy
great coffee and snacks in the main beach car park from (pop-up gourmet
goods shop) Kettle Fish while Dunes Café is under redevelopment,
- It’s cleaner than bay
beaches because it’s not in a city-engulfed bay. It faces the open sea
& King Island.
- It has a river (Barwon
River) for sheltered ‘flat-water’ fun,
a 5 minute walk via inland short-cut or
a 25 minute wander along the shoreline.
- less than 1.5 hrs from Melbourne CBD, about 20
minutes from Geelong and 40 minutes from Avalon Airport.
Things to do
Explore awesome wineries & boutique breweries (often with live
music). Great wine tours available from Wilsons Wine Tours www.wilsons.wine
- Perfect surf & river spot for swimming, surfing, boogie
boarding, kayak/canoeing, kite-surfing, skim-boarding, sail-boarding, sand-castle building, beach cricket and volleyball, frisbee playing, fishing...
- Sensational walks/run along the beach and up the Barwon River, over the footbridge to Barwon Heads. Also walks on dunes tracks with great views
Long walk to Point Lonsdale lighthouse along beach in opposite
watching May to early Oct (recent sightings Jun-Jul '18)
- Fish off the Ocean Grove beach or in the Barwon River. The jetty and boat ramp is upstream.
- Snorkel/dive (all levels) the HMAS Canberra warship scuttled 2009, close-by or snorkel with seals
- Swim, canoe, paddleboard or sailboard the sheltered 'flat water' of the Barwon River
- Explore rock pools on the way
- Cycling is undulating (contact us for some great cycling route maps)
- 16 golf courses within 35 minute drive radius. One is 10 minutes' walk. Some golf courses are world class. Many are open to
groves & farmers markets
- Great local cafes & bars
- Fantastic hatted (fine-dining rating) restaurants close-by
- Learn to surf, kayak or paddle-board - all ages
- Bay cruises
- Fishing tours all levels and boat charters contact
- Scenic joy flights from sedate to acrobatic
- Horse riding all levels
- The famous Blues train (book ahead) runs nearby.
We've compiled a list of web links for awesome places to go, so feel free to contact us and we'll happily share it with you.